In celebration of the Saudi National Day I am doing this post to highlight the positive points of Saudi Arabia. I find a lot of Saudi bashing goes on the internet, and I want to take this opportunity to celebrate the positive some obvious but oft forgotten and sometimes humorous aspects of Saudi from a Muslim expatriate perspective :
1. Makkah and Madinah– the two holiest sites in Islam- as a Muslim you just cannot argue with that 🙂
2. No TAXES. There is NO income tax, NO VAT, and NO Petrol tax. 🙂
3. Reduced working hours for employees and holidays for schools in Ramadan: Where else in the world can you have it so easy?
4. All food is Halal food; this means that you can eat at all the international fast food chains 🙂
5. Low levels of crime, inflation usually, and despite all the propaganda a stable political climate (.Alhamdulillah, Thank God)
6. Instead of annoying coins for change we get a packet of gum :-)…what am I going to buy with 10 ten halalas anyway?
7. Very family friendly, of course no scenes of public nudity or indecency, so you don’t have to worry about where your kids are looking.
8. You can make friends from all over the world, there are so many different nationalities represented in the expat population it’s amazing. The people are generally easy going and helpful.
9. You can find a masjid or prayer area wherever you maybe.If you are on the highway and it happens to be time of prayer, and there isn’ta rest stop nearby, then simply stop the car off the highway and pray.
Tell me how many places in the world you can do that?
10. Last but by in no means least: You can put on your abaya over your pjs and go out, without anyone being the wiser (unless you are in an accident).
Hope all citizens of this wonderful country: Saudis and Non-Saudis alike acknowledge and be grateful for their blessings and have a great day!
P.S What do you like about Saudi, don’t be shy now speak up!