|Red velvet chocolate chip cookies, they look more maroon in reality and for some reason the pic refused to rotate!|
I’m so excited as I type this post that I’m making more typos than usual.
I have discovered an amazing recipe for Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies, I didn’t even know such a heavenly dessert existed until now, I feel cheated. How could I have not discovered this recipe sooner?
As I’m a fan of both Red Velvet Cupcakes/Cakes and Chocolate Chip Cookies, I guess it was only a matter of time I would stumble across this culinary masterpiece!
I like baking things from scratch as I can taste the preservatives in box mixes (I can I swear) and its definitely the healthier option.
Indulgently rich they will be gone before you know it.
Thanks to a wonderful blogger at sweeteats.com for sharing this(link below)
Recipe via How sweet it is
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 12-15 cookies
1/2 cup butter around 113g
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon red food coloring
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C
- Leave butter outside to soften, this is essential if its hard or melted the butter will mess up the batter.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla and combine until smooth.
- Beat in red food coloring. Be careful with this step as it can get a bit messy if the colouring spills on your fingers or counter top- mine turned out darker because I used a bit more than 1 tsp of food colouring.
- Stir in cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt until just combined, scraping down the sides when needed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of dough and set on baking sheet. You may want to flatten the mounds a little for a cleaner shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy with a hot beverage of your choice! Milk, tea or coffee. Don’t curse me when it ruins you attempts to watch your weight. This is a wickedly indulgent treat :-).