This summer I was looking for a face wash suitable for my combination acne-prone sensitive skin- to avoid the above described scenario, no easy task I tell you.
Neutrogena’s face washes from the their Visibly Clear range ideal of you are have blemish prone oily/combination skin type. Dry skin types that tend to get oily in the humid summer months will also find this product useful.
I always like to use the products for a reasonable amount of time before posting a review. In this case I used the facial washes in the hot and humid summer months (August and September) and so with further ado on to the reviews.
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore and Shine Daily Scrub
First up is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore and Shine Daily Scrub, which won the Cosmopolitan Award for best facial scrub in 2013!
What it claims to do:
Helps tighten pores: with its exfoliating micro-beads and salicylic acid, it cleanses deep down to unclog pores for visibly refined-looking skin.
- I have sensitive skin and this scrub can be used daily without irritating the skin or causing breakouts, or over drying, it is very gentle and the micro beads feel great on your skin.
- Has bright energising scent of lime and tangerine- very uplifting to wash your face in the morning.
- I’m in the habit of using something a bit stronger, like St. Ives Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin used a couple of times a week, or a DIY sugar scrub, so after having used it daily for a few weeks, I have to say that it is not my fave. I felt it didn’t clean my skin enough or maybe it was too gentle?! However, I would advise you to try it out as everyone’s skin is different and I know some people love it.
|Micro beads in action|
If after massaging the scrub onto your face, leave it on for a while while you brush your teeth, then rinse after your finish brushing your teeth- you will find it works extra time and leaves your skin oh so soft!.
Although it did not irritate my sensitive skin I felt it was not strong enough of a scrub..might be just me so I have to give it a 3 out of 5.
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore and Shine Daily Wash
My favourite was the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore and Shine Daily Wash, it is a gel wash which you use twice a day.
|Squeaky clean skin with the Neutrogena Visibly clear pore and shine daily wash|
What it claims to do:
Helps unclog pores: the formula cleanses deep down for visibly refined-looking skin.
- I usually use it in the morning, and then after working out later in the day and I absolutely love it. It is a great dupe for Dermalogica’s anti-bac gel wash and I really feel it deep cleans and mattifies the skin without over-drying it. I noticed a clear difference in my skin, it looked smoother and non-greasy.
- It also brings any painful under-skin pimples to a head faster and also shrinks them faster.
- Like the facial scrub it has a zingy citrus fragrance the lime and tangerine perfect to energise you in the morning.
Have you tried any of these products let me know below.
Don’t miss out on future beauty product reviews subscribe by email for free,
keep in touch on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.